Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Fun!!

Sorry for the delaying in returning to the Blog. I had hoped to place some initial thoughts after the BYU game on Saturday, but my computer decided to stop working (serves me right), so I wasn't able to give the blog an update. Sure you may say that my laptop runs fine, but I think laziness played a part here.

So the BYU game was a success in that we won the game, but cougar fans are shaking in their boots after a lackluster performance from the BYU defense. The final score of the game was 42-35.. Both teams gave it their all, but luckily for the home town cougars, they prevailed. I was happy both my sister and brother in law could attend the game with me. They haven't been to a game in years, so it was a chance for them to see how things have changed since then. Here are a couple pictures:



What you can't see from the pictures is the wicked tan line I got on the left hand side of my face. I literally look like the Batman character Two Face. What really extenuates things are the sun glass lines, just horrible!! The price you pay for a ticket in the east stands!

To top things off, I had a ward talent show Saturday evening were I was performing a "talent", so standing in front of a large crowd with a beat red face and raccoon eyes was pleasant. Actually, things turned out quite well and some said I was the star of the show. With all the talented people in our ward who each I felt had far superior talent than I do, I was a little taken back mine was the raving success. What played in my favor was the uniqueness of my talent. While the majority of talents given were musical in nature, mine involved catching candy with my mouth from large distances. I had Scott tossing the food items (grapes, M&M's, chocolate chips, and Dots), and after each item he would gradually take a step backwards. It all culminated with a 50 foot toss across the group which I surprisingly caught. I think I was equally as shocked as the crowd was!! All in all, I was totally glad that I got up there and showed off my talent. They even mentioned it in Sacrament meeting on Sunday!

Speaking of Sacrament meeting, yesterday the Bishop got up and challenged/invited the whole ward to read the Book Of Mormon from start to finish by December 24th. I've been wanting to get myself back into reading again and I felt this was the perfected opportunity to jump back in with both feet. He outlined a reading schedule which basically encompasses 5 chapters a night. His estimation was roughly an hour a night of reading, which might be a little presumptuous, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot!

Well I believe that's all I have to blog about for today, I'm off to go buy a legit version of Windows so I can get my computer back up and running!

Until next time...

1 comments:

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Go cougs but exnay on my double chin. Blech!

Labels

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Rob's Blog ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP